Note: This book is available in several languages: Dutch, English.
Information security issues impact all organizations; however measures used to implement effective measures are often viewed as a businesses barrier costing a great deal of money. This practical title clearly explains the approaches that most organizations can consider and implement which helps turn Information Security management into an approachable, effective and well-understood tool. It covers:
* The quality requirements an organization may have for information;
* The risks associated with these quality requirements;
* The countermeasures that are necessary to mitigate these risks;
* Ensuring business continuity in the event of a disaster;
* When and whether to report incidents outside the organization.
All information security concepts in this book are based on the ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 standards. But the text also refers to the other relevant international standards for information security.
The text is structures as follows:
* Fundamental Principles of Security and Information security and Risk management.
* Architecture, processes and information, needed for basic understanding of what information security is about.
* Business Assets are discussed.
* Measures that can be taken to protect information assets. (Physical measures,technical measures and finally the organizational measures. )
The book also contains many Case Studies which usefully demonstrate how theory translates into an operating environment
This book is primarily developed as a study book for anyone who wants to pass the ISFS (Information Security Foundation) exam of EXIN. In an appendix an ISFS model exam is given, with feedback to all multiple choice options, so that it can be used as a training for the 'real' ISFS exam.